The Dark Hedges, Northern Ireland

The Dark Hedges, Northern Ireland
Home is where the heart is...

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Feeling Fancy

Something wonderful has happened this week...something that has never happened to me before...something that is so deliciously luxurious it is making me feel fabulously fancy.

I've never felt this fancy in my life.

Last night I sat at a crowded kitchen table with the man who is drafting the plans to my dream home. I sat there saying things like, "I want this..." and "No, I don't want that..." until MY dream was completely jotted down onto what had previously been the unfanciest piece of white paper ever. Yet, there it was, in multi-colored chicken scratch and engineering codes I don't understand, the vision of my very own dream home in its full two dimensional glory.

So, yeah...I'm feeling pretty fancy, today.

I've never owned my own home...ever. So, this is the first time I've ever done anything at all like this. I've created many homes, but always by adapting what already existed from someone else's rented vision, never my own.

I've finally stopped renting other people's vision!

What I'm doing right now is what I imagine all the fancy people get to do with their fancy lives every day. I, myself, have never lived the fancy life, so it doesn't even matter that it's just a tiny little home, because the square footage doesn't change this essentially brilliant and beautiful process of transforming the vision of my mind's eye into the home of my heart's creative dream.

This whole process is just deliciously fancy, and I'm going to enjoy every fancy bit and morsel along the way.

I'm glad I didn't settle for the quick-fix crapped out mobile home, or even the brand new (all boxed up) tiny mobile, because after 52 years of believing that fancy women wear swanky red dresses, it's partucularly lovely to discover that a person can still feel fancy even wearing comfy blue jean cutoffs and a tanky t.