The Dark Hedges, Northern Ireland

The Dark Hedges, Northern Ireland
Home is where the heart is...

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Footloose & Pipefancy Free

Well, it looks like my dad's house is going to sell, which is going to change a lot of things for me. And, it looks like I am going to need to make a choice...

Faith, or Fear?

I have found this amazing piping program that is absolutely going to rock my piping world. But, the program is in Riverside...my dad will be in Kingman...and the OT program that has been very helpful for my brain is in Prescott. Clearly, I can't live in all three places...but I could travel, quite easily, between the three.

Is Tortle up for the challenge?

There is a clear loop that would be easily driveable between these three locations, a loop of less than 800 miles each week. I was driving more than this when I was commuting to and from OT from Kingman every week. The other added benefit to southern California is that I have a lot of friends and family who live here, so I could stay better connected, too. Plus, my home VA is here in Socal, the one I have travelled back and forth to each year for my physicals and GI stuff.

I would very much enjoy this migratory loop, but it will quickly add up the miles onto Tortle's tally. So, I will have to get the engine rebuilt when that times comes...and it will.

I have the emergency money in savings to take care of the engine rebuild, but I won't be able to do that AND buy the lot in Kingman...but, that's not the worst outcome possible, I suppose.

Roots are made in more than one way.

Yes, buying the lot and creating a stable home base is one way to create roots. But, being a part of my niece's and nephew's lives (and the lives of the amazing babies they're growing) is also a way to cultivate roots...it's just different. Roots are grown with every relationship we flourish with, so I would still have roots, even while traveling on the road.

Bottom line: Family is very important to me...and, so are my friendships.

So, it looks like Tumbleweed and I are about to get very mobile...for as long as Tortle can hold out. And, when her little engine wears out, then we'll either fix it, or upgrade to a heavier duty and warmer 4 season driving option.

You can do it!

My life is about to explode with amazing bliss...so, let's get this party started!